Take a tour of the infamous Cascades Female Factory and experience Hobart’s history come alive!
Louisa’s Walk – an award-winning quality Tasmanian experience, in the heart of historic Hobart.
Become part of a convict woman’s story. Join Louisa as she is convicted and transported to Hobart’s infamous Female Factory. Experience this significant site’s chilling past as Louisa’s story unfolds.
Then ……. find out some of South Hobart’s fascinating history as her story concludes at the beautiful Cascades.
Louisa’s Walk will challenge, entertain and inform you. If you enjoy history and theatre, experience them both in this unique presentation.
Take a preview of Louisa’s Walk in pictures right now.
Performances daily – see sidebar for details and book online.
For schools, we offer a Primary School Version of Louisa’s Walk, specially designed to cater for younger audiences.
You may also purchase a Gift Voucher for someone to come to Louisa’s Walk – just send us an email, or telephone, and we will arrange it.
If Louisa’s Walk is fully booked or you have limited time, consider experiencing Her Story a dramatisation of life in the Cascades Female Factory performed at 11 a.m daily and lasting 45 minutes. Cost: $20.00 per person Meets at the Cascades Female Factory – for Bookings and further details: Phone: 03 6233 6656
Got any questions? Please drop us an email using our contact form (click here ).
Show times & bookings
Performance Times: 2.00 pm Daily. Duration: Allow two hours.
- Special Performance times available for groups of ten or more.
- 9.30 a.m Performance offered during the high season on Cruise Ship days when we may be booked out.
- Group Bookings: By Arrangement.
- Prices: $35 Adult, $90.00 Family (parents plus up to 4 children aged 5 to 18). Children under 5 are free.
- Bookings Essential Book Online click the Book Now button .
- OR Call Judith or Chris Cornish on +61 3 6229 8959 or mobile 0437 276 417.
- OR Purchase a Gift Voucher.
Meeting Point: Louisa’s Walk leaves daily from just outside the Cascade Brewery, Cascade Rd, South Hobart (see Map) Her Story leaves from the Female Factory
Please arrive ten minutes before the start of the performance. Meet Louisa outside the main Cascade Brewery building – she will be standing there in her costume!